Tuesday, December 30, 2008

HRE States Profiles

WERDENBERG

The Counts of Werdenberg-Vaduz

WERTHEIM

Territorial and Dynastic History

1476: To Count of Lowenstein

1611: Inherited from Count of Lowenstein-Wertheim-Virneburg, Count of Lowenstein-Wertheim-Rochefort

1712: To Prince of Lowenstein-Wertheim-Rochefort

1803: Prince of Lowenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg takes Rochefort

1803: Count of Lowenstein-Wertheim-Freudenberg takes Virneburg

1812: Prince of Lowenstein-Wertheim-Freudenberg

References

Counts of Wertheim (English)

History of Wertheim


WESTPHALIA
1180: "...Archbishops (of Cologne) added the duchy of Westphalia to their ducal domains in lower Lotharingia. Philip of Heinsberg received the newly created duchy by virtue of Emperor Frederick Barbarossa's dismantling of Welf ducal lands in Saxony...." (Jeep, 2001, pp. 132-133)

WITTEM

History of Wittem Castle

WITTELSBACH & SCHEYERN

References

Genealogy of Counts of Wittelsbach & Scheyern


WOLFRATSHAUSEN

Counts of Wolfratshausen

WURTTEMBERG

Rulers of Wurttemberg

ZAHRINGEN

1061: Berthold I the Bearded of Zahringen (d.1078) was made Duke of Carinthia (as Berthold I). He never obtained actual possession of the duchy and was deposed in 1077. (Swabia, Nobility in FMG)

1066: Berthold I became Margrave of Verona

?: Hermann I married, as his 2nd wife, Judith of Calw, the heiress of Backnang, with whom he a son.

1072: Hermann I (1045/48-1074) became Margrave of Verona

1073: Berthold I lost Carinthia when he joined a rising against Emperor Heinrich IV

?: Berthold I's sons, Berthold II (1050-1111), who took the title Duke of Zahringen, and Hermann I (d.1074) divided Zahringen into two lines.

1218: Dukes of Zahringen became extinct with the death of Berthold V


References
The Founding Family

ZOLLERN


References

Genealogy of Counts of Zollern



ZWEIBRUCKEN

Counts Palatine of Zweibrucken

House of Walramids
1182–1237: Henry I
1237–1282: Henry II
1282–1309: Walram I
1309–1311: Simon
1311–1366: Walram II
1366–1394: Eberhard

House of Wittelsbach
1394–1398: Rupert II, in personal union with the Electoral Palatinate
1398–1410: Rupert III, in personal union with the Electoral Palatinate and (from 1400) with the Kingdom of Germany
1410–1459: Stefan
1459–1489: Louis I the Black
1489–1490: Caspar
1490–1514: Alexander the Lame
1514–1532: Louis II the Younger
1532–1569: Wolfgang
1569–1604: John I the Lame
1604–1635: John II the Younger
1635–1661: Frederick
1661–1681: Frederick Louis
1681–1697: Charles XI of Sweden, in personal union with the Kingdom of Sweden
1697–1718: Charles XII of Sweden, in personal union with the Kingdom of Sweden
1718–1731: Gustav Samuel Leopold
1731–1734: interregnum
1734–1735: Christian III
1735–1775: Christian IV
1775–1795: Charles II August
1795–1825: Maximilian I, in personal union with the Electorate of Bavaria

ZUYLEN

References
Slot Zuylen

===============================================

REFERENCE LIST

Herlihy, David and Molho, Anthony (1995). Women, Family and Society in Medieval Europe. Oxford, UK: Berghahn Books

Castles, etc. in Bavaria

Germany. Imperial, Royal and Princely Houses

Heraldry of the World

Netherlands Castles

No comments: